- 12 ounces chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F and place rack in middle of oven.
- Butter and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate with butter, stirring, until mixture is smooth.
- Let cool until lukewarm.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in salt and flour, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Let cool completely and cut into 24 bars.