- 140g self-raising flour
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 175g butter
- 85g honey
- 3 eggs
- 25g cornflour
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
For The Icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- 1½-2 tbsp sieved strawberry purée
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Butter a 1.3 litre capacity ring tin and dust the buttered surface with 1 tbsp each plain flour and caster sugar, then tap out the excess.
- Beat the butter, sugar and honey with a hand-held electric whisk, until it is fluffy with a dropping consistency. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix the flour, cornflour and poppy seeds and fold into the creamed mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake for about 35 mins until risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool slightly in the tin then carefully remove, easing the sides with a palette knife.
- For the icing, mix both ingredients together then sprinkle over the cake and leave to set. Transfer to a plate to serve. Will keep in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 5 days.