Full Cream Milk-1 Litre
Lemon juice-3 tblsp
Elachi powder-1 pinch
- Heat the milk. Once it starts to boil, simmer the flame and add the lemon juice. Stir continuously.
- Heat further until the water totally separates. Now, add ice cubes and mix well.
- Take a metal strainer, lined with a cheese cloth or muslin cloth. Pour the milk in it.
- Wash it well in running water to remove the lemon smell and sourness.
- Then, gently squeeze out the excess water and hang it for 30 minutes.
- After 1/2 hour, take it out in a bowl.
- Now knead this for 7-10 minutes gently until the dough becomes soft.
- Make smooth equal sized small balls. Now, add sugar, elachi powder and water in a pressure cooker and boil it.
- After the sugar dissolves completely and the syrup comes to a boil, add the balls one by one. Cover the pressure cooker and cook till you get one whistle in medium flame. After one whistle, simmer more on a low flame.
- When you open the lid, the rasgullas would have doubled in size.
Your Rasgullas are ready!